Sr. Administrative Assistant
NOVA Research Company has an immediate need for a Sr. Administrative Assistant (SAA) to support a project at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Center to Reduce and Health Disparities (CRCHD). The position requires a self-driven and ambitious SAA to support senior and executive level staff with daily administrative tasks. The SAA will provide value-added support in the administrative support role. The SAA will coordinate assigned activities within the branch, other divisions, departments, and other external agencies. The SAA reports to and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the branch chief. The position requires strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, excellent organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide senior administrative support of Branch and Center operational efforts.
- Manage the application receipt and review processes (i.e., receiving applications, entering personal identifiable information in the system, responding to candidates, and creating reports from federal databases).
- Monitor correspondence for receipt and distribution of emails; track and follow up of inquiries; ensure requests for action are fulfilled efficiently and effectively.
- Create and maintain accurate records using Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft software and Federal government databases.
- Enter data into internal database for tracking purposes.
- Assist with preparation of statistical and budget reports.
- Assist staff with special projects and assignments.
- Work includes assignment to work groups and committees and attendance of weekly meetings as assigned.
- Manage Program calendars.
- Schedule and support conference calls, meetings, and interviews.
- Provide meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and accompanying meeting documents.
- Develop, implement, and improve office policies and procedures.
- Create filing systems for accessibility to documentation.
- Write and develop emails, correspondence, and forms.
- Assist with website updates as required.
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 5+ years of proven work experience as a senior administrative assistant or executive administrative assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, work independently, and utilize strong judgment.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and utilizes excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and database maintenance.
- Experience using technology to support virtual meetings (i.e., Zoom).
- Ability to work with diverse groups and time sensitive information.
- Knowledge of website and digital content management a plus.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
For Immediate consideration, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, (ADMIN) in the subject line.