Biomedical Science Writer
Detail-oriented Science Writer needed to provide support for virtual and in-person scientific meetings on a part-time or consulting basis. The Science Writer will efficiently synthesize and translate complex scientific concepts, written or oral, into summaries appropriate for target audiences (e.g., general public, scientists). Understanding of broad biomedical sciences is required. A research background in genetics, epidemiology, and/or neuroscience would be a plus.
- Take notes on short (1- to 2-hour) conference calls/virtual meetings and prepare minutes on quick turnaround basis
- Attend large group meetings and prepare meeting summaries
- Attend NIH, FDA, and other scientific conferences, workshops, and/or working group meetings; take notes; prepare meeting minutes/summaries.
- Provide administrative support for conference calls/virtual meetings (i.e., meeting reminders, host, and record call/meeting, manage recordings)
- Prepare monthly reports reflecting progress and accomplishments for the previous month.
- MS or PhD in Biomedical Sciences or related scientific discipline required with knowledge of genetics, epidemiology, and/or neuroscience a plus
- Technical writing experience in a relevant field of science strongly preferred
- Substantial experience notetaking and writing summary minutes of both virtual and in-person scientific meetings, some on short turnaround time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Advanced MS Office application skills required
- Experience with web-based meeting platforms preferred
- High degree of initiative and personal judgment needed.
- Two writing samples of minutes/summaries from scientific meetings
- Cover Letter
Interested applicants, please email documents to email@example.com. NOVA Research Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.